Thursday, February 14, 2013

Soft Sugar Cookies

I can't believe it has taken me 26 years to finally make roll out soft sugar cookies. Don't get me wrong I have made roll out sugar cookies before, but always a more stiff one all decked out with royal icing. When my friend posted this recipe for super soft sugar cookies on her blog the other day I knew I needed to try them out. They were so soft and delicious. Totally reminded me of the ones that you would buy from the store. The thing I love about sugar cookies is you can pick whatever color you want the frosting to be and you have the perfect holiday treat for any holiday!
Soft Sugar Cookies
Recipe from Iheartnaptime.net

Recipe:
Sugar Cookie
1 cup margarine, at room temp (I used butter)
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, at room temp 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 cup sour cream 
1/4 tsp lemon or almond extract 
5 1/2 cup flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
 1/2 tsp salt 

Buttercream Frosting
3/4 cup of butter; at room temperature
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
 In a large bowl mix together margarine and sugar. Beat until creamy. Add in eggs, vanilla, lemon extract and sour cream and mix together until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.)  Mix just until combined.  Wrap dough in saran wrap or place in a gallon size bag. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours. Once dough has been chilled roll out dough on a bakers mat or parchment paper. (Place parchment paper on top of cookie dough before rolling it out to help dough from sticking to your rolling pin.)  If dough is still sticky add 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour to dough and knead well. . Cut with floured cookie cutter. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment