Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cranberry Salad

I am absolutely a sides person when it comes to my meals. Especially Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinners. My mom has made this cranberry salad the past few years for our holiday dinners and it is sooo good. I will be honest, I was hesitant to try it at first since I'm not a huge cranberry fan but this is absolutely delicious. Its got the right amount of sweet and tart and has to be one of my favorite sides!
Cranberry Salad

Ingredients:
1 small bag cranberries
1 large can crushed pineapple
1-8oz block softened cream cheese
1-8oz container of cool whip
1 cup sugar

Directions:
In a blender chop up your cranberries 1 cup at a time. You don't want them to be pureed but simply chopped up into small pieces. In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and cool whip and sugar  until smooth. Drain your crushed pineapple and fold in the pineapple and cranberries. Allow the cranberry salad to cool in the fridge before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment