Friday, April 5, 2013

No-bake Peanut Butter Bars

It seems as though all I have been doing lately is making treats! I can't help myself when I see all of these delicious recipes floating around on the web. I remember my mom making these delicious peanut butter bars back in the day and when I saw them over on iheartnaptime.net and needed a last minute treat for a family function I thought I would give them a whirl. Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and they took less than 10 minutes to make. They were a hit and definitely something that I will be making again!
No-bake Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients:
1 cup salted butter; melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 brown sugar
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter + 4 Tbsp
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 (11 oz) bag of milk chocolate chips
Directions:
In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients minus the chocolate chips and 4 Tbsp of peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and pour peanut butter mixture into your pan and spread out into an even layer. 
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 1-2 minutes in 30 second increments stirring in between. Once the chocolate chips are melted stir in 4 Tbsp of peanut butter. Pour chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and spread evenly. To even out the chocolate, tap your pan on the counter gently a few times. 
Refrigerate bars for at least one hour. Pull parchment paper out of pan for easy cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment