Sunday, February 10, 2013

Orchard Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I don't know about you guys but I have such a hard time coming up with different lunch ideas for me and the kiddos. We get tired of the everyday pb&j, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, taquitos, quesadilla, etc. Chicken salad is always a hit with me. I devour them at showers, parties, you name it. But when I tried subways Orchard chicken salad I decided I wanted to make my own version of it. You can always add, subtract or modify the recipe however you want. Its great for a quick and easy lunch, and if your kids are too young to eat it as a sandwich you can serve it with crackers and its delicious that way as well.


Orchard Chicken Salad 
Recipe: 
2 cans premium chunk chicken breast packed in water (I get mine from Costco) 
3/4 mayonnaise (or vanilla yogurt for a healthier alternative) 
1 Celery stalk chopped up 
1/4 cup craisins 
1/4 cup almond slivers 
1/2 cup chopped apple 
1/4 cup diced grapes 
1/4 cup diced yellow onion 
Season salt to taste 
Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together and spread on rolls, croissants, bread etc. It is also a great snack with rice crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment