Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hot Artichoke Dip

So photographing food isn't always an easy thing to do. You have to think about the set up of things, the right angles, good lighting etc.At lets just face it some foods are just prettier than others.  Because I want things to look as appetizing to you as possible, and capture the essence of the food I always send a picture of whatever picture I am thinking of posting on here to my mom, dad, and sometimes brother. They are always good honest critics! So, I was chatting with my brother on Facebook the other day and sent him a link to this picture asking him what he thought about it. I usually ask "If you saw this on the internet somewhere would it jump out at you and make you want to eat it?" His response was.... "Yeah! Is that dad's hand in the picture?" You will just have to imagine my reaction to him saying that when  in fact that is my hand in the picture. I mean I know I have wrinkly knuckles and all but I never took my hands for looking like old man hands. I later asked my mom what she though of the picture. I will skip all of the details of our conversation about what could make this a better, more appealing picture. She suggested I retake it. Well long story short, my husband got hungry for a late night snack and ate what was left of this artichoke dip, therefore not leaving me with anything to retake a picture with. So even though the picture that you see has an old man hand, what appears to be a bean in the center of the bread and a not so appetizing dip in the background I promise you that this dip will blow your taste buds away! My mom makes this every year for our Christmas Eve dinner and it is always a crowd pleaser!
Hot Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
1 envelope good seasons garlic herb soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup mozzarella cheese
16 oz sour cream
2-14 oz jars of artichoke hearts
1 Tbsp chopped jalapenos (canned is fine)

Directions:
Drain artichoke hearts and chop into little pieces. Mix the artichokes in with remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes OR put in the crock pot for 1 1/2 hours. 

Serves 20. I usually cut the recipe in half. Serve with a good crusty bread. I used some premade bruschetta bread slices that I found at sprouts and they worked perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment