Friday, September 2, 2011

Green Salsa

Salsa has got to be one of my weaknesses. My two favorite restaurant salsa's are Mi Amigos red salsa and Tia Rosas green salsa. I seriously crave these 2 salsas all the time. There are many times I have just gone to these restaurants just to fill up on chips and salsa. My dad gave me this recipe for green salsa and it pretty much tastes just like Tia Rosas. I was in heaven every time he would make it. I really couldn't taste the difference. I decided it was my turn to give it a try and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Not quite as good as when he makes it but pretty darn close.

Ingredients-
10 tomatillos husked
1 small onion (I used a yellow one. White is good too)
2 garlic cloves
1 small can diced green chilies
1 bunch cilantro
2 tsp lime juice
3-4 TBSP brown sugar
2 TSP white sugar
salt to taste

Peel the husks off your totmatillos and wash. Place them in a pot of water.
Let boil for about 10 minutes or until the tomatillos begin to soften, change color and burst. Once done put them on your cutting board and cut the core out of the centers. That is the bitter part of the tomatillo. Place them in the blender along with your onion, garlic, and cilantro. Once they are all blended pour it into a saucepan along with the remaining ingredients. Heat until it starts to boil and then remove from heat. Let it cool and taste. You might want to add a little more sugar or brown sugar to make it a little more sweet. I know I did!
Beware you might eat the entire sitting! Its kinda addicting! Its great with chips, on tacos, burritos, Nachos etc. I hope you guys enjoy!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. mmm that looks yummy! i love tia rosas salsa! gorgeous pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be my sista from another mista cause I’ve always been obsessed, and I mean obsessed by mi amigos and tia rosas green salsa. I too could forget the menu and load up. Thank you thank you for the recipe. Will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete