Friday, September 9, 2011

Embroidery Hoop Art


Have you guys seen the embroidery hoop art floating around Pinterest lately? I think they are just too cute. We recently painted our kitchen this past weekend and my old decor just wasn't cutting it so I thought the embroidery hoop art would be perfect to go above our stove and add a splash of color. WOW that was a big run on sentence. Any who I went down to our local scrapbook store that also carries AMAZING designer fabrics like Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Michael Miller, Moda, etc.(for anyone that lives in the east valley its scrapbook etc on the NE corner of Lindsay and University) I found these amazing prints in the Joel Dewberry Aviary collection. I am loving the grey, yellow, black and white color combination right now. This is probably the easiest decor that you can make.
Supplies-
  • Embroidery hoop (I got mine at Michaels, but can be found at Hobby Lobby, Joanns, Walmart)
  • Fabric
  • Pen
  • Scissors

I Purchased 3 embroidery hoops, each a different size and 3 fat quarters. Iron out your fabric so you have no wrinkles. Place the outer part of the embroidery hoop on top of the fabric and trace around it.
cut about 1 inch around your markings. Place the fabric on top of the inner hoop and place the outer hoop on top and press down. Pull the fabric sticking out taught.
Turn over and trim off the excess fabric. Now you can hang them on your walls! I now love the decor about my stove. You can always paint your embroidery hoops as well to add some more color.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. hey! i'm the girl from the scrapbook store.....your blog is ADORABLE! cutest hoops too...LOVE that fabric. darling blog...thanks for sharin' it with me. :)

    ReplyDelete