Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ice Cream Sundae Cupakes






~Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes~

For my daughters 3rd Birthday party we did an Ice cream Sundae Theme. I found this tutorial on these adorable cupcakes and just had to share. They are SO easy and a great statement piece at a party. (Sadly I don't remember the blog I found these on to give them the credit)

Supplies needed
  • Cupcakes
  • Ice cream cups (I found mine at michaels)
  • Chocolate melts or almond bark
  • Sprinkles
  • Red Gumballs
  • Butter cream icing-see below for recipe
  • Ice cream scooper
First bake your standard cupcake. I used a box mix but homemade would be delicious too! After you let them cool I cut off the tops of them and took off the wrapper. This way they were flush with the top of the ice cream cups. I then put them in the cups and with an ice cream scooper put about 3 scoops of icing on top of each cupcake to give them the effect of actual ice cream scoops. (you can put the icing in the fridge for a few minutes to let it harden up if wanted before scooping.) Next I melted the chocolate in the microwave and then placed the chocolate into a zip lock bag and cut the very tip of the corner off so I could drizzle it over the icing. put sprinkles on top and then top with a red gumball. I only did a few at a time so the chocolate wouldn't harden too much before I could get the sprinkles on them and stick.
And there you have it super cute and easy ice cream sundae cupcakes sure to WOW your guests at any party.

Buttercream Icing Recipe

  • 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.




1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! I have done the ice cream cone cupcakes before but I want to try these for my sons next Birthday! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete