Friday, May 24, 2013

Pasta Salad

Summer is officially here! My daughter finished up her last day of preschool yesterday and we are excited to enjoy the summer before she heads off to Kindergarten! It's time to start enjoying all of the wonderful foods that go along with summertime. Pasta salad is one of my favorite things. I enjoy eating it as a side, or even as a meal. Last night we had this for dinner, along with some garlic bread, and I plan to eat the left overs for lunch. It's so easy to make, and a great way to get your husband and kids to eat their veggies!
Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
1 lb box of  pasta. (I used Barilla mini penne pasta)
1- 6 oz can medium olives- sliced
1-6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts- diced
1 yellow pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 broccoli crown chopped
1/4 red onion chopped
1 cup mini or chopped pepperoni
1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
 Italian dressing to taste (I like to use the Olive Garden Italian dressing. I found it at Walmart)
Directions:
In a large pot of water cook pasta according to box directions. While the pasta is cooking chop up your vegetables, and pepperoni. Combine cooked pasta and remaining ingredients. Top it off with your favorite Italian dressing. I preferre my pasta salad after it has been able to chill for a little while, but it is good warm as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment