Monday, April 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

Peanut butter cookies are an all time favorite around here. Both the husband and I devour those suckers. After making these I thought I would change the recipe a tid bit and turn them into some of the most delicious peanut butter cookies I have ever had. I love me a thick, fluffy cookie and one with texture. So the oats and crunchy peanut butter in these are perfect! And the best part is that they aren't super greasy. I shared these with my neighbors and friends and they all agree that these are amazing!
 Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

Ingredients: 
 1/2 C salted butter- softened
 1/4 C sugar
 3/4 C brown sugar
 1 C peanut butter (I like a little added texture so I did 1/2 cup creamy, 1/2 cup crunchy)
1 egg 
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 1/4 C flour 
1/2 C quick oats
1 cup sugar for rolling

Directions:
 Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a large bowl mix together softened butter and sugars. Mix until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in peanut butter, then egg, then vanilla. Scrape sides of bowl if needed. Slowly add in baking soda and flour. Do not over mix. Fold in quick oats. Dough should be pretty manageable but if it is too soft allow it to chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. You can roll dough into balls about 2 Tbsp in size. Roll the dough ball into a bowl of sugar and coat evenly.  Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. Do not allow them to bake past 10 minutes. Cookies will appear undone when finished, but that's okay. They will firm up. Once cookies are done baking, slightly press down on warm cookies with the back of a spoon or fork. Allow to cool on cookies sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment