Monday, November 26, 2012

Creamy Potato Salad

A few weeks ago we went to my nieces birthday party where we has some barbecue beef sandwiches and homemade potato salad. I can never pass up a helping of potato salad and especially not homemade. After eating some I knew I had to get the recipe from my sister in law so that I could make it at home. This has to be some of the best potato salad I have ever had and makes a great side dish to any barbecue meal you might make.

Creamy Potato Salad
Recipe-

6 medium round or white potatoes (2 pounds) peeled
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
4-5 little pickles, chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
paprika if desired.
Directions-

place potatoes in a 3 quart saucepan. Add enough water just to cover potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook covered 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle. cut potatoes into cubes.
Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion, and pickles. Toss. Stir in eggs. Sprinkle with paprika. cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors and chill. store covered in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment